Victor Poor, W5SMN/AA9WL - RMS Express - A Multimode Winlink 2000 User Client Progrom
Victor gave a talk on the Windows based RMS Express client program for the new WINMOR protocol.
While I'm not personally all that interested in Winlink, the discussion of why RMS Express was designed was interesting.
RMS Express is designed to be easy to use, quick and foolproof to install (as Victor said "at least fool resistant")
- Automatic HF channel list updates - list current HF channels that are in use worldwide
- HF Propagation prediction sorts the list by most probable frequency to make a given connection
- Control for most common HF rigs in current use
- Not a peer-to-peer or keyboard-to-keyboard program with the exception of it's use with the WINMOR protocol
- The GUI interface looks a lot like a typical email client. ( A beef of mine about all these various Amateur Radio programs, why not make these systems use your real email program?)