It's Field Day time again
Once again the WETNET gang will be participating in ARRL Field Day from the QTH of N7RIG in the beautiful Skagit valley.
Tlhis year, unlike years past we're not doing a special antenna project nor are we putting up one of our previous big antenna's. No Bruce array, no 20M rhombic.
Instead we'll be keeping it simple.
- One Titan-DX multi-band vertical (destined to eventually become N7RIG's permanent HF antenna)
- One 160/80/40 dipole and G5RV on a single mast
- One 6-meter quad.
All this means that the setup time will be greatly reduced and we'll have a great chance of being ready well ahead of the normal start time. If I have time I'll setup a Beverage receive antenna but this is secondary to getting all the other stations setup.
We will be operating class 2A with the callsign K7IP. Two HF stations, 6-meter station, emergency power. If anyone wants to do a seperate project for vhf/uhf, satellite or data they're welcome to setup but for now the main goal is getting the basics up.
Breakfast for those present and helping in the morning and the grill will be fired up later in the day and piled high with sizzling meat and other goodies.
Setup begins around noon on Friday with operating commencing at 11am Saturday and running until 11am Sunday.
Location for Field Day Operations: View map on aprs.fi
- From Either North or South I-5
- Take exit 230 toward WA-20/Anacortes/Burlington
- Continue to follow WA-20 approx. 6.5 mi
- Turn left at Laconner Whitney Rd
- Destination will be on the left approx. 0.6 m