OpenHPSDR Project update.
Scotty Cowling, WA2DFI gives an update on the current state of the various OpenHPSDR projects.
For those not familiar with HPSDR checkout http://openhpsdr.org for details.
Something I never was aware of is that AMSAT has provided schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout software with licensing arrangements that allow the various developers to check out and reserve a license via the internet.
Alexiares: RF Bandpass Filters, we've been waiting for this for years since the Penelope transmitter doesn't meet FCC spectral requirements.
- Status: Toriod cores causing problems, original chinese cores didn't work. Wrong permiability, wrong sized, there have now been three rounds of builds with different cores. Finally cores were qualified and shipped, a significant number are out of spec by more than 20%.
- Solution, some of the cores might be salvaged by changing turns, and still may not work.
- Still ongoing
Metis: (Formally Ozy II) Gigabit Ethernet Gateway
Hermes: Combined RX/TX board
- Changing from USB to gigabit ehernet,
- push-pull pa
- Altera Cyclone III FPGA
- Matching PA/Low Pass Filter/ATU (Apollo) with Hermes becomes 15w xcvr
- FPGA can handle eight independant receivers