Licensing .GIF images

Steve Stroh seatcp@wetnet.ampr.org
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 06:31:57 -0800

It's not about having the code to create the images, it's about them owning
the technology behind a .GIF, and if you use .GIF, and they find you, they
can demand payment.

Realistically, they're not interested in little sites and casual use. Also,
if you're using "stock" images like from Corel, those have already been
paid for by Corel.

Steve

--
Steve Stroh   steve@strohpub.com   Woodinville, Washington USA