More on ricochet.net problem

Steve Stroh seatcp@wetnet.ampr.org
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:11:58 -0800

 From Metricom:

We apologize for not responding sooner, but due to the difficulties with
our Ricochet domain, we were unable to send email to your
account.  Although our email systems are functioning fine, our email
service has been the recipient of a malicious act.  The company that
controls Internet Domains, unknowingly made an unauthorized change to the
nameserver that Ricochet.net is pointing to.  This has caused all incoming
email to be bounced and has created problems for our customers in receiving
email.  Although we were able to detect this early today, and have them
change it back, this change must work its way to many servers throughout
the Internet.  We believe that this will be resolved by tomorrow, noon
PST.  We have taken additional steps with Network Solutions to make certain
that this does not happen again.  We appreciate your patience and
understanding.

Thank You,

Ricochet Technical Support

--