Soldering iron

Ian Johnston seatcp@wetnet.net
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:52:46 -0700

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 10:46:23AM -0700, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> Aggh!  I dropped my nice variable temp soldering iron and it broke the
> element.  Can someone recommend a local source for a good variable
> temperature iron with various sizes of iron-plated tips which is
> (hopefully) under $100?

  Vetco and Radar both sell a variety of soldering irons, but I'm
pretty sure they still carry a "consumer grade" variable heat,
exchangable tip Weller soldering station for about $50.  I've got one,
they're pretty good.
  Vetco will also have used professional Weller stations, but they're
probably in the $100-200 range.

--
Ian Johnston	http://www.obairlann.net/~reaper     reaper@obairlann.net
     PGP Fingerprint: 13 5D 8F 3E D6 30 94 B1  66 48 7A E7 0F 99 C9 B6