Consensus on "TNC" connectors

Steve Stroh seatcp@wetnet.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:50:47 -0700

All:

Is there a consensus on radio-tnc connectors? Instead of building up unique
radioX to TNCy cables, I'd like I'd like to put a standardized (for me)
connector inline so that I could, at least theoretically, build one cable
per device once, and afterwards mix and match as necessary. I have a number
of 9600-capable radios, and a number of 9600-capable TNCs, and I'd like to
be able to mix and match them without the need to build a new cable for each
change of radio or TNC.

My preference is to use the TAPR TNC-2 standard - 5 pin DIN male for radio
cable, female for TNC cable (if needed).

The only other "standard" that I'm aware of is the KPC3 seems to achieved
major traction with its use in APRS, and it uses a DB-9.

Thanks,

Steve

--
Steve Stroh   steve@strohpub.com  425-481-0600
Editor - Focus on Broadband Wireless Internet Access newsletter