Motorola Oncore GPS Engine for $14.95

Eric Johanson seatcp@wetnet.net
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:31:26 -0700 (PDT)

After a closer look, I think I may have to retract my prior statements.

http://www.bgmicro.com/pdf/acs1397.pdf

It talks about needing to build a 'serial' interface, using a "MAX233"
chip.   This is strange, as most of the garmin units I've worked with have
direct serial output.  Maybe that's why this is only $15.

On the flip side, it does list the 10pin connector as including "RS232
interface signals", listing pins 8 & 9 as being TTL TX & RX.  I'm really
confused at this point.   :)

Can anyone provide some clarity?

Thanks,
Eric