jabber setup

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 4 11:51:25 PST 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Bill Vodall WA7NWP wrote:

> > It would appear not:
>
> That's not unexpected.  Curt had somebody official motivated to work
> on it but they probably lost interest long ago.   It's not terribly
> hard to compile at home and I guess I should do that one of these
> years.

I stayed subscribed to the openssh list and have been monitoring it.
A similar issue was brought up last week so I piped in again on the
topic.  It looks like the maintainers are willing to consider
adding the one bit of the high performance patches that adds in the
authenticate-but-don't-encrypt option.  Basically we need to ping
the high-performance patch guy periodically now to see if he'll get
around to separating that part out and submitting it.