Fwd: AXIP networking

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 6 13:19:17 PST 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Bill Vodall WA7NWP wrote:

> How many of the hundreds on here have transmitted an on the air packet
> in the past 30 days?

Anyone on APRS...  Myself included.

> How about made a "connection" on AX25?   Lets
> get real down and dirty - how many have transmitted an IP over AX25
> packet in the past year?

Not I.  Just OpenTrac and/or APRS packets.

> I think the last IP/AX25 packet I generated was 2 or 3 years ago...

My last would have been in the 90's, around the time I moved out to
the boonies and lost most of my connectivity on RF.

> I did do on-the-air AX25 email in the past couple weeks -- and it was
> pretty cool too - via a bluetooth connection from the house to the
> radio in the car.

FWIW:  I can hear your APRS packets directly at my QTH, at least
part of the time.

In order to get back on TCP/IP I'd need a DE-9 PC bracket with a
10-pin ribbon cable (so I can use the real serial port I have on the
MB) and to build another antenna for the attic.  I can find a
2-meter mobile radio to use and a Tracker2 in KISS mode.  All
do-able.

Keep talking, I may join you.  On 2-meters anyway.