900 MHz data

Don Fanning don at 00100100.net
Wed Oct 28 20:12:57 PDT 2009

Has anyone given a serious look at these?
http://www.digi.com/products/wireless/long-range-multipoint/xtend-module.jsp#overview

Seems like a rebirth of a ricochet mixed with the ability to do an
ad-hoc mesh network.  The built in repeater function would be better
left to an outside processor but I do like the one little jumper that
allows one to trigger an external amplifier.  Excellent rx sensitivity
is also a bonus...