14567... Minnesota Network

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 18:11:53 PST 2010

Thanks to Mr Stroh, I was privileged to watch the presentation from
DCC 08 about the Emergency Minnesota Amateur Radio Network.  A good
talk and I'd recommend it if you haven't seen it.

They basically came to the same conclusions we have -- and then they
went on and actually built it...

The key that made it work was the 1.2 G DStar ID-1.   Beyond that
they're leveraging Part 15 wifi and Motorola gear, web sites and
packet for a backup.   Using the Internet as part of the emergency
plan isn't part of their play...  What a concept!

Check it out:   http://14567.org/

I'm going to see what it takes to get their 'modernized' ARESDATA
known as TRIVNETDB up and running.

Oh if only the ID-1 was headless and half the price.....

73
Bill - WA7NWP