Puff microwave CAD software now under GPL (fwd)

Dennis Rosenauer drac7ft at verizon.net
Wed Jan 27 20:48:32 PST 2010

Humm... Puff, that brings back memories.  But it really is obsolete,
just like EESOF Touchstone.

If you really want to do some RF/Microwave simulation I suggest using
QUCS (http://qucs.sourceforge.net/).  It compares favorably against very
expensive simulators such as ADS from Agilent.  It doesn't have all the
features of ADS, but is very capable.  It is also GPL.  I have it
running under FreeBSD, I'm sure it works under Linux.

I have done some side by side comparisons to ADS and I would be willing
to do commercial designs with QUCS where there are suitable device models.

Also if you want to do schematic capture and PCB layout, try out KICAD.
(http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/).  It also is pretty good,
and compares well against commercial products.

Dennis, AC7FT.