Media Player

Gary P. Fiber gfiber at comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 09:21:12 PST 2010

I had not paid much mind to media players and was going to ask Bill why
he needed one when the TiVo does Netflix and maybe internet though I
have not played with mine much. Now after reading a short blurb about it
I see if you download some video and have it on a hard drive or USB
stick then the media Player is the ticket to watch it on your TV.

Also Bill my TiVo went bad so I got another from TiVo direct last week.
The first TiVo started restarting about every hour or so.
I opted for express shipping which they charged me for another new one,
but they say that money will be refunded one they receive the broken one
they did send a prepaid UPS label via email..  I also found the Encore
channels work much better when you DO enable them as pay channels in the
TiVo set up. DUH! hehehehehe yep I am such a technical guy.

So you like the Samsung player Bob. I have a 3 year old Sony but its not
Blue-Ray. I may grab one at Costco this spring.

Gary K8IZ