The Pretty Perfect PC

Steve Stroh steve at stevestroh.net
Fri Mar 12 16:59:39 PST 2010

Gary:

The SSDs simply don't have the life cycle issues any more. The
chipsets can be better at wear leveling because there's far more
(financial) margin in the SSDs as compared to bare bones flash chips,
USB flash drives, etc.

Bottom line to is that they're going to live at least as long as
spinning platter drives, and be a lot quieter, faster, and lower power
draw.

And soon enough, physically smaller, so yet more interesting form factors.

Thanks,

Steve

steve at stevestroh.net