Viewsonic Android tablet shipped.... April Fools? I hope not.

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:09:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Mine's here at my office now, charging.  Sure is pretty!

Even prettier when turned on...

Numbers off the "About Tablet" page before the online update happens:

     Model UPC300-2.2
     Android OS version 2.2
     Tap UI version 1.1-3389
     Kernel version 2.6.32.9-00000-10.8.2-dirty hudson at tapntapsvn #15
     Build number FRF91

As I recall that 3389 was mentioned for some of the 3rd-party ROM's:  You need to know what version you're starting from to decide how to update it to something else.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
U.S. Weather Alerts:  Firenet.us, port 14580, filter "t/n e/WE7U-WX"