Viewsonic Android tablet shipped.... April Fools? I hope not.

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Fri Apr 1 14:43:40 PDT 2011

I thought they came with Android 2.2.

The Nook has 2.1 (heavily customized by B&N),  I have also tried 2.2, 2.3 and 3.0  installed on SD cards.  I really like the look  of both 2.3 (Cyanogen mod 7 version) and 3.0 (preview version) but not all of the apps work as they should.  Android 3.0 (aka Honeycomb) is designed for tablets and when the final version is released it should be great (the version which ships with the Xoom doesn't have some of the phone features working and Google isn't going to release the source code until it is complete).

The Barnes & Noble update to 2.2 supposedly will be out this month, with a limited version of the Android Market.  Since mine is rooted I don' t know how it will handle the update so I'll hold off a bit.

Bob