Viewsonic Android tablet shipped.... April Fools? I hope not.

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:48:18 PDT 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> I thought they came with Android 2.2.

Yes, but with the TapNTap interface added on top of that and quite a few bugs.  Once you get it set up on Wireless then the auto-update will try to do an update.  I haven't clicked on it yet, but it tells me an update is waiting.

My plan is to waste what's in it and try some of the 3rd-party images, but I need to play with the stock one first and get familiar with things.  I also don't want to update past where the 3rd-party instructions require, so want to read up on those first to make sure the online update won't mess me up.

Downloaded/installed U2APRS.  Didn't run and required a forced close.  I assume that's like a "kill -9".

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Usage Pages:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/usage.html