Android Tablet

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:56:21 PDT 2011

*) How to use Bluetooth devices with an Android w/o requiring $$ software:

     http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-869747.html

See the posting there from "prscott1" dated 21st December 2010, 08:38 PM.

*) Android APRS app:  "U2APRS", from a Japanese ham.  I haven't played with it much yet but it looks nice.  It didn't run on the stock OS (but in it's defense the stock OS was crap).  After flashing the tablet with Vegan-5.1.1 and installing U2APRS, it seems to work fine.  Find U2APRS with Google.

*) Kenny:  Everyone flashed with Vegan-5.1.1 at brunch.  Are you going to try TnT-lite?  I hear that it's one of the most stable.  Looking for a guinea-pig.  If nobody else tries it I might reflash my tablet with that shortly.

*) I'm leaning towards one of the leather cases (folio case?) w/o a built-in keyboard.  I can carry a separate USB or B/T keyboard when I want to do e-mail or SSH.  Downsides to a USB keyboard:  Cable hanging off the side of the unit, plus cannot plug in two devices at the same time (keyboard + mouse, or keyboard + USB flash drive).  Then again, it ain't a laptop or desktop.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_capabilities.html