Android repeater directory

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Thu Apr 7 07:45:54 PDT 2011

On Apr 7, 2011, at 7:37 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Gary P. Fiber wrote:
>
>> Droid users go to the Market and do a Search for RFinder.
>> Its an online database of amateur Radio repeaters. cost is $4.99, you use your credit card.  This database will work with the phones built in GPS and give you repeaters with tones, IRLP, D-Star functionality all on your phone. No more need to carry the ARRL repeater directory. You can set the radius you want listings for in the program. pretty cute.
>
> Of course these tablets have neither phone nor GPS.  :-(

If you use it with a wi-fi hotspot or tethered to a cell phone, it may be able to find the approximate location that way.  My Nook knows where it is within ~1/4 mile of my home, probably based on the Clear tower location (I haven't looked from anywhere else).  You can check with Google Maps and see if it shows a location.

Bob