Gifting books on the kindle...

Gary P. Fiber gfiber at comcast.net
Wed Feb 2 12:57:59 PST 2011

So since many here are using an e-book reader. I have been looking a
bit. I don't read novels, just mostly technical books. Like the "C
Primer +" which is almost 1,000 pages,
electronics text books, wish the ARRL would make theirs available
electronically all which are heavy to carry about if I feel like reading
a chapter or so from one.
The best supported I have found so far is the kindle. I do however like
the color screen of the Nook. Though some say back lighting causes eye
strain.

Also would like the ability to read PDF's files as many magazines are
available in PDF or at least the articles are.
Any recommendations for an e-book reader?