Gifting books on the kindle...

Gary P. Fiber gfiber at comcast.net
Wed Feb 2 15:23:29 PST 2011

Seems when I purchase something like this I always get the one others
are not using or has less support than other products.
I grabbed a TI-99/4A and all my friends had Radio Shack Color Computers,
I was software poor. :(

Its nice having similar products like the TH-F6 as I can ask others how
to do something when I don't know how.

I generally buy a new handbook every other year or so and give the old
one away, my 2007 Handbook in on the shelf at work. Gave my 2009 one to
a new ham so I bought a 2010. I would like to get that in PDF and use an
e-book reader for it.

I have a Mastering Windows Server 2003 book on the shelf, its 1752 pages
long and weighs about 5 lbs. Good candidate for an e-book reader is
available. I too have old book I'll likely never part with like
Electronic Communications by Robert Schrader W6BNB, however some old
biiks are out dated and if available in e-book format would be easier to
change out.

So thanks for the input, now to decide if I really want a e-book reader
so I'll look at them some more, see what books are available and decide.

Any of you have an IC-7000? Right at 4:00 PM I am hearing a
beep..beep..beep..Long Beep and I think its coming from the IC-7000 to
mark 0.00 hrs UTC.
I have to shut down the FTM-350R to see its not coming from that rig I
though ti it might be GPS time mark but I park in a parking garage and
the GPS is not seeing the birds then.

Gary K8IZ

--
Gary P. Fiber K8IZ

General Radio Telephone Operators License PG-19-6691,
with Shipboard Radar Endorsement.
Washington State Resident.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.