Head Unit Mounting

Gary P. Fiber gfiber at comcast.net
Thu Feb 3 05:17:54 PST 2011

I have a Lido Floor Mount, the goose neck type with 3 control heads
installed onto it. I used a piece of ABS plastic to mount the control
heads to. The 3 control heads are a bit much for the Lido mount as it
does move about. I attach the mount in a 2nd place to the console. I
have a RAM system ordered, it will be pieces of their seat rail laptop
mount with a different mounting head attached. Then I'll mount another
piece of ABS to the head and mount the 3 or 4 control heads to it as I
want to install a 900 MHz transceiver into the mobile too.

Gary K8IZ

On 2/2/2011 11:23 PM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:
> Since there's such a fount of knowledge here of people with much more experience than me and since I know they're so shy to share it I figure I will see what people's opinions are.
>
> I just bought a new-to-me car that actually has a fairly nice interior.  The BMW was getting just a little old and rickety with almost 250,000 miles on it.  I'm now trying to figure out how to mount up my TM-D710A and ID-880H head units so that they're at least mildly aesthetically pleasing when they're in the car.  I have used the RAM mounting systems on the motorcycle with a fair amount of success in the past, and the ID-880H's head unit was mounted in the BMW using the 1" RAM mounts (it has a "tripod thread" hole in the back of the mounting plate into which you can screw a RAM 1" ball).
>
> I'm kinda thinking that the 18" goose-neck RAM mount that bolts to one of the seat rails might be fairly cool.  I can then use the Y shaped attachment to mount up both head units on the same neck.
>
> Anyone have experience with this mount?  Alternatively, does anyone have any super-cool ideas I may have missed?
>
> --
> Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
> Xenotropic Systems
> mcdermj at xenotropic.com

Gary Fiber K8IZ
GROL PG-19-6691 with shipboard radar endorsement
Washington State resident