Color Nook

Gary P. Fiber gfiber at comcast.net
Thu Feb 3 17:47:17 PST 2011

Picked up a color Nook this evening at a B&N Store in Northgate. They
did not seem to know anything about clamping down on the device, but I
guess they also would not admit to it.
Now I have a Color Nook  I need to go find a Cranny.......

Just charging it up and setting up the wireless.

Gary K8IZ

On 2/3/2011 1:43 PM, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> The local Wal-Mart is out, but the Silverdale B&N seemed to have a large supply (they sold 3 yesterday in the time I was there).
>

> On Feb 3, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:
>
>> Get your Nook's now:
>>
>> "The latest rumor, once again courtesy of Good E-Reader, is that the reason for the temporary unavailability is that Barnes&  Noble is in the process of installing an anti-rooting "fix" for the Nook Color because people have been hacking the device to run a custom version of the Android-based firmware."
>>
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20030475-1.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20
>>

>> On Feb 3, 2011, at 11:11 AM, Bob Nielsen wrote:
>>
>>> I loaded it and it appears as 69 separate books :(
>>>
>>> I'm still way down on the learning curve, so maybe there's a way to make it behave after I get a bit more used to the Nook.

>> --
>> Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
>> Xenotropic Systems
>> mcdermj at xenotropic.com

Gary Fiber K8IZ
GROL PG-19-6691 with shipboard radar endorsement
Washington State resident