It's Field Day time

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Wed Jun 22 04:34:27 PDT 2011

On Jun 21, 2011, at 2:38 PM, Ken Koster wrote:

> Once again the WETNET gang will be participating in the ARRL Field Day from
> the QTH of N7RIG in the beautiful Skagit valley.
>
> This year, unlike years past we're not doing a special antenna project nor are
> we putting up one of our previous big antenna's.  No Bruce array,  no 20M
> rhombic.
>
> Instead we'll be keeping it simple.
>
>    One Titan-DX multi-band vertical
> 		(destined to eventually become N7RIG's permanent HF antenna)
>    One 160/80/40 dipole and G5RV on a single mast
>    One 6-meter quad.
>
> More info and directions at: http://wetnet.net
>
> Drop me a note if you're planning on joining us so I can plan for operations,
> food, etc.

Good luck to you guys.  NH6Z will be operating from the Willamette National Forest this year in class 2A.  I'll be bringing my IC-746 and my Elecraft K2/10 with some old gel cell batteries from some of our UPS units.  I've got a 20m dipole and a full-size G5RV to use.  Hope to hear you guys on the air this weekend.