Looking for WAP

Brian Lawler kn0n at WhatcomRadio.org
Thu Aug 2 21:37:13 PDT 2012

Scott;

I like Buffalo routers for DD-WRT- it is factory installed/supported.  They
do not do dual AP though.  For that I just use a "TP-LINK" "N" router from
NewEgg ($15 on sale / $20 reg).  I have the TP link set as a fixed IP on my
private net (192.168.x.x) and let it do DHCP on a completely separate
private net (10.x.x.x).  I set the TP-LINK to block access to 192.168.x.x
and I limit the data rate to 1 mbs, also lower the power since I leave it
"open".  May be a kludge but it works for me.

-Brian