FCC report

Dennis Rosenauer drac7ft at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 08:16:50 PDT 2012

Ok, this is great.

I know we have some people here who can clarify any legal wording, but
my read on this is that we are limited to a symbol rate of 300 bauds,
and that I have to document publicly the technical characteristics of
the modulation coding etc.

So let's just say I want to run OFDM with 64 carriers.  And for the sake
of not getting too many people out of joint I am going to use 2.4KHz of
bandwidth total.  So each OFDM bin is 37.5 Hz wide and say I BPSK
modulate it and use 1/2 bit/Hz which gives me a 2:1 guard band.  This
should give me 64 * 18.75 = 1200 bits/sec.

So now I publish this on the web and in the DCC.  I consider that public
documentation.  I am running 18.75 bauds/sec, clearly less than 300 and
I am doing 1200 bits/sec.

What would the FCC do?

Of course I can always file for an STA and it would most likely be granted.

Dennis, AC7FT.