Wirelessly connect all the things with Sapphire by Sapphire Open Systems — Kickstarter

Steve Stroh steve.stroh at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:04:28 PDT 2013

This looks interesting enough that I may well buy in.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1286098094/wirelessly-connect-all-the-things-with-sapphire

It looks open-source enough, yet integrated enough, to be useful.
Their use cases resonate for a lot of things I'd be interested in
monitoring around my home. Yes, you can buy wireless modules for the
various microcontrollers, especially Arduino, but then you're stuck
doing a fair amount of integration, especially to get it out to
Internet.

Fortunately, it looks like they won't ship hardware until later this
year, so if I do buy in, my conscience is (temporarily) clear that I'm
not adding yet another un-done project to my current backlog.

Thanks,

Steve Stroh N8GNJ

stevestroh at gmail.com