Article: Udoo mini computer combines best of Arduino and Raspberry Pi

Grant Hopper kb7wsd at gmail.com
Tue May 14 13:00:30 PDT 2013

I suppose it's a cool development, but at $110+ a pop, I don't see any
competition for the Arduino or the Pi.

I just built a 'serial' arduino for about $4 to become a fox controller and
my $43 (delivered) Pi is about to live it's next life as a self contained
Zone Alarm system as a test of doing some remote security video.

I'd rather have 2 devices each doing their own thing, that to pay more than
twice as much for a single device.  That's also why I still have cameras,
etc. even though my phone does all that stuff (badly....)

Speaking of Arduino, I just read a manifest that the original developer
wrote about the Arduino.  Now I understand why I've run into some really
stupid minor things (like the header spacing) that no legitimate designer
would have screwed up (and not fixed.)  He was basicly a self taught
electronics 'expert' and 'artist'.  Oy!

73,
Grant
KB7WSD