Amateur Radio Miracle Day

cb black at nwfirst.com
Tue Apr 1 22:41:51 PDT 2014

First, I was always confident that TAPR would be coming around on this
issue.  Perfect.  I'll get the schedule out for the organizational meetings
ASAP.  Thom and Teena will need help getting that second dormitory done...

Re: "...The ARRL has stated they will no longer include CW code keys and
Vacuum tubes in publicity photos - they will be replaced with snapshots of
SDR radios showing stations active on all ham bands concurrently."

I've long had a similar rule - all my shots of radios have to have twinkling
multicolor LEDs prominently featured.  Jeremy's SDR at Microhams Digital
Conference was an excellent example.  Perfect number of very cool LEDs.  Oh,
that blue aura around the base of that chip was stunning.   Way over the
top, my brothers, way over the top.   I've seen cars that look like that in
New Mexico and Southern California.  The chip needs some gas shocks so it
can bounce up and down on the board...

Also, people in the pictures are required to wear clean and brightly colored
clothing.  Yep, for our Field Day I requested specific bright wear...  I've
also worked on a campaign to eradicate facial hair in the ham community.
Really, it's just got to go.  I've talked to a number of you - you know who
you are.  Mr. Tenacious Moss has a special exemption - not to make him
nervous, but he actually looks pretty good.

So far, the bright color and beard thing has gone without 100% compliance.

It's OK, I'm a "progress, not perfection" kind of guy.

vy 73 de WR5J

The Other Curt
West Seattle ARC

..