[dstar_development] Yaesu has published Fusion spec

Yaozb yaozbg at 163.com
Thu Apr 3 23:07:05 PDT 2014

Hi everyone, this is a new amateur digital radio standard? This standard intends to replace the D-Star standard?

At 2014-04-04 13:38:58,"John D. Hays" <john at hays.org> wrote:

I am not giving any specific recommendations, just providing for the technically curious.

http://www.yaesu.com/downloadFile.cfm?FileID=8239&FileCatID=263&FileName=Yaesu%5FAmateur%20Radio%20Digital%20Specs%5F1V01%5FEN%2DGB.pdf&FileContentType=application%2Fpdf

Some basic info:

9600 bps channel in 12.5 kHz channel
C4FM modulation
2 Data/Voice interleave modes with half rate AMBE vocoder
1 Data Only Mode
1 Enhanced voice mode full rate AMBE vocoder

Half Rate vocoder seems to be the same as used in P25 Phase 2 Half Rate, DMR, dPMR, NXDN -- 2450 voice / 1150 FEC  (3600 bps)

Full Rate vocoder is doubled to 7200 bps

Details of protocol in above link.

John D. Hays
K7VE
PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223