Woo Hoo - FIOS goes 150 Mbps symmetric!

John D. Hays john at hays.org
Thu Apr 2 15:21:21 PDT 2015

I always want symmetrical speeds.  We use Comcast for our television and
our package includes Internet which I use for IPv6 and failover should FiOS
go down (extremely rare and less than Comcast).  My Mikrotik router handles
both sources.  I have higher download speed on Comcast unless I take
advantage of the new plans at Frontier -- but upload is abysmal.  I guess I
could also pull Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu Plus down through Comcast.

Interesting that Google searches will go IPv6 if you have it.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Steve Stroh <steve.stroh at gmail.com> wrote:

> You might ping Frontier again. They're slowly expanding the footprint
> of FIOS, and from all appearances, it's MORE reliable than the copper
> infrastructure, with less maintenance required. Credit where credit is
> due - reliability overall has been good with FIOS (in Woodinville).
>
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Jeff Francis™ <jfrancis at gmail.com> wrote:
> >   I'm probably the only person in the world who wishes they could get
> > Comcast.  I'm stuck on DSL with 3meg down, 1meg up.  And my wife and I
> both
> > work from home, and I have three kids (two of whom like nothing in the
> world
> > better than Netflix).  You can imagine how much fun Internet access is
> at my
> > house.
> >
> > N0GQ

> >> I'd halve my download speed in exchange for symmetric upload/download.
> >> I VPN to work and moving big files back and forth is annoying over
> >> Comcast's significantly asymmetric service.
> >>
> >> Tom KD7LXL
> >

> > --
> > -=jeff=-

> stevestroh at gmail.com