Ham Radio On The Air

Grant Hopper kb7wsd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:06:04 PDT 2015

"Yeah, and I don't have to know about all that complicated stuff like
wattage and peak current, and swr* (except if you pay extra for the "Real
Simulated"™ antennas option with random high swr feature.)"

I was right: no ham calls: "You can even use HamSphere without a Ham Radio
license by using a special HamSphere call sign."

Looks like a great (simulated) deal.

For $32 per year you get: "HamSphere is a highly realistic shortwave
simulation based on SDR (Software Defined Radio) technology."; "HamSphere
4.0" which is a modularized Ham Radio Transceiver where operators build
their own [simulated] radio using plug-ins."; "We also provide all kinds of
antennas such as Yagi, Quad, Vertical and Wire antennas."

"I just made simulated real-time contact™ with hams on pluto using my
simulated radio feeding 200kw into my 98 element Yagi on 160 meters!  I'm
well on my way to my simulated Worked All Worlds™ award!  I might be the
first simulated ham to earn my WAW** award!"

** Pronounced "waah" in a high nasally pitch.