[CS7000] Tytera MD-380 Firmware Reverse Engineered

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:25:58 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 9:45 AM, John D. Hays <john at hays.org> wrote:

> As far as I can tell the only thing(s) that have been accomplished is that they broke into the firmware and applied a small patch that allows one to listen to all talkgroups on a channel. (Calling it a scanner.)

The interesting part, to me, is that this is a start.  It's a hardware
widget that's cheap enough to play with so no big worries about
bricking a major investment.  Far from perfect or ideal but it's a
platform that would useful if we could open it up and play.

> A lot of speculation is running around that now this will be a platform to run DMR, D-STAR, Fusion, P-25, Tetra, Codec-2, Winlink, Dishwashing, Give backrubs, Over-the-Horizon radar, ...

Don't forget the solution to the power crisis by being able to
generate electricity from on the air data that feeds back into the
grid...

Bill