Thanks for your input

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:59:26 PDT 2016

> You have stereo audio in and out
>
> The PTT and SQL on the mini din are open collector so they’re “buffered”
>
> for max flexibility the other 8 IO are 3.3V connected thru 33 ohm resistors and ESD Diodes to allow for protection.

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I asked for buffered.
Significantly more protection than hooking directly to the IC pins.

Now if a couple of those 8 pins were also open collector that would be
real gravy.  That would making hooking to CI-V (computer control) and
CW (gotta have that) easy.

Bill