Fwd: [aprsfi] X-APRS: a new protocol

Brian D Heaton ky9k-lists at ky9k.org
Sat Apr 1 12:44:26 PDT 2017

Does the author intend this to replace the RF air protocol or just the
APRS-IS server-to-server protocol? I suppose it makes sense for cellular
connections running from an app over the carrier IP network. At the RF
layer (whether 1200, 9600, or some-other-hundred bps) it makes a bit
less than zero sense. Just the multicast DNS will chew up most of a 56K
channel with a decent number of nodes chattering away.

73-KY9K/Brian