Email by Packet

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 11:33:32 PDT 2017

I used 'the other port' of the home Kenwood that's hooked up to BPQ32
via UZ7HO soundmodem to send some Email on packet this morning - 1200
baud that it is..

I've been running this node primarily on APRS - and that's been
interesting and informative.  I'd forgotten how straightforward it is
to use BPQ as a packet terminal.

It's nice to know I can 'send email' if needed.  While that's possible
with the even more bottom line APRS - it's good to have the resource
to do longer messages easier.

I'll add a couple more 'steps' to the list.  BPQ BBS can automate the
email transfer, BPQ can control the rig freq if the cable is hooked
up.  BPQ could do all the email functions itself - would be nice to
have an option other than that 'other' service.

So many opportunities!!

When was the last time you sent an email message 'on the air?'   Some
day it may really be important.

73
Bill, WA7NWP