Baofeng Amp

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Sun Apr 1 22:06:13 PDT 2018

On Sunday, April 1, 2018 5:38:57 PM PDT Bill Vodall wrote:
> > When I bought the AMP-U25D last month it was Prime.
>
> Ah - there it is.  A bit of a price premium but not bad.
>
>   https://amzn.to/2H2a5Yr
>
> Bill

There was a long running thread about these on the DMR list last month with some having
noise issues when used with DMR but working fine with FM.

Look for "[PNW] VHF/UHF HT Mobile DMR RF Amplifiers #Radios" at dmr.groups.io.

DMR transmissions do seem to easily interfere with other nearby systems.  I  have to stay
many feet away from my LED bench light to keep my HT from pulsing and shutting it on and
off.  To keep noise out of my PC speakers I have to get out of the room.

I suspect most of the digital modes being discussed here will be ok but be aware of the
potential.

--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do
something.”
― Robert A. Heinlein