On the air easy thanks to the Magic of Direwolf

Scott Currie scott.d.currie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 08:31:11 PDT 2018

Never heard anything back from John, WB2OSZ (Direwolf), but Andy, UZ7HO
worked with me and has now added the Direwolf QPSK 2400 and 8PSK 4800
modems to soundmodem. I did some tests last night with DW on one end and SM
on the other end, the two play together well. DW is still slower than SM
overall, but at least we have compatible modes that are faster than 1200
AFSK for those who can't get 9600 running on their hardware.

Still trying to earn the chocolates, but Redmond is just too far away....

-Scott

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 9:37 AM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> UZ7HO --> Direwolf QPSK 2400:
> >
> > Awesome news.   I've switched my 144.39 second station to DW2400  and...
>
> There's a station in Issaquah I've had some success connecting to for
> email.  I believe Scott has a good connection to it direct.  So - if
> this works, it'll give us a one hop digipeated path.   So I've moved
> my dual mode (legacy 1200, DW2400) with a signalink feeding the
> D710/audio system from 144.390 MHz to 145.010 MHz to see what's still
> out there.
>
> If the Issaquah station is using a soft modem, he will also be able to
> run dual modes with a tweak of the config and thus I'll finally have
> somebody in my heard list.  (Checking - still Peruvian chocolates
> here.  Not as many as there were...)
>
> 73
> Bill, WA7NWP

*-Scott*