On the air easy thanks to the Magic of Direwolf

Steve Stroh steve.stroh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 15:02:02 PDT 2018

I was going to make that point, that with the dearth of other usage of
VHF and UHF (repeaters are quite, few simplex QSOs, etc.) separation
of non-interoperable modes can be done with frequency diversity - we
have lots of channels to use.

Longer discussion, and off-topic of this thread, but those different
modes and frequencies could be tied together and made
semi-interoperable by using  K7UDR's concept of APRS and 144.39 as a
"Hailing Channel", and more automated software. If 144.39, the mode is
1200 AFSK. If 440.800, it's 9600 PSK. Etc.

Steve Stroh (personal / general): stevestroh at gmail.com