TNC archeology

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:35:42 PDT 2018

> Regarding the rebuild: I guess I don't feel the need to recreate anything I
> did in my childhood, 'cuz I still feel like I'm in my childhood.  ;-)

Yes - never left...

> Remember that Forth must have the capability to
> create new words to be able to extend itself (and to write Forth programs).

Roger.  That's a project milestone that will really open up
functionality.  Being able to go beyond crude assembly and machine
code will help a lot.

> At first with the labels in there I thought you were trying to create Forth
> using BASIC. I guess I never used numbers for labels in Assembly.

Not Labels - effectively ORG statements...   If the simple loader
finds a number starting in the first column it generates code starting
there.

One of the short term additions is to add true labels so I can "JMP
NEXTSTEP" instead of "JMP 200".  The Python I'm writing this in makes
some functions really simple - and others frustratingly complicated.
Either way it's educational (and fun) and that's all good.

Bill