Secure'ish delete on windows

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 15:02:00 PDT 2018

I have a pretty good system for working on the road..  Install source
control, fetch the files, do awesome stuff, run tests to verify not
too much is broke and things are more incredible than before, check in
changes, delete files.  World peace and happy ever after..

Buttt...

A delete-tree (rmdir /q /s c:\windowsxyz) makes all the files go away
but I'm sure there are lots of utilities that will recover them.

So.

How to securely delete these files.  Here's the gotcha - with stock
tools, it's not an option to add something else to the system.   A
little script to create lots of big'ish file and fill up the disk
comes to mind but that could take time and might leave clutter around.

Any off the cuff ideas?

Bill

PS. - no, the files are not really that important, I'm just curious if
there's a solution.