Stolen Radio Alert

Eric Nordin eric.nordin at frontier.com
Fri Feb 16 16:06:59 PST 2018

John makes a very good point here.

My mother worked in the Property Recovery Unit of the Seattle Police
Department. One of her greatest frustrations (true of the detectives she
worked with also) was when they recovered property they knew was stolen
but there was no way to trace the property back to the rightful owners.
Having the serial numbers of all of your equipment written down where
you can retrieve it without delay so you can report it to the police is
very important but having your name on it as well is a really excellent
idea. The fact that Tim's radio was identifiable as being his by way of
his call being written on the back and being programmed to come up on
the welcome screen probably worked in his favor.

Eric AD7BF